Our global tech client is looking for a dynamic Vice President/Director of Global Real Estate and Workplace to join their growing team at their newest San Francisco office. The Vice President/Director will be responsible for managing and overseeing all of the global real estate and workplace activities including strategic planning, vendor management, purchasing, budgeting, programming, site selection, financial analysis, transaction negotiations, project delivery and workplace services.
Reporting to the CFO, the Vice President/Director will provide a single point of accountability for all real estate activities to optimize facilities, improve operations and realize cost savings. The Vice President/Director will also be responsible for planning, developing and managing the implementation and execution of a real estate strategy that supports the business objectives of our client.
The client’s San Francisco office is located in the heart of the eclectic SOMA district. You can feel the excitement and energy when you step into our San Francisco office. There are open floor spaces, fully stocked kitchens, and great collaboration spaces, and we focus on making sure that you have everything you need to work well, from the right lighting to the latest technology. When it’s time for the team to play together, we visit with our neighbors at a Giants game or a local pub’s happy hour. Come see for yourself what a collaborative and exciting place to work looks like.
What You'll Do
- Demonstrate strong leadership by aligning real estate strategy and evolution with business strategies, products and people.
- Develop and implement innovative real estate strategies by country and region, incorporating the latest technology and contemporary thinking (i.e. collaboration spaces, sustainability) to transform the corporate real estate portfolio and employee experience.
- Provide recommendations that will contribute to a more effective real estate portfolio and facility operating model, optimizing investments in the client’s global real estate footprint.
- Compile market data, forecast, budget, and other analysis to support real estate priorities and decision making.
- Manage real estate capital spend, operating budget, and set and deliver on annual budgets.
- Utilize financial skills and acumen to make better business decisions, engage in negotiations, evaluate issues and propose solutions (i.e. lease renewal vs. relocation vs. consolidation, collaborative and agile spaces vs. traditional office space, etc.).
- Conduct on-going workplace portfolio assessments in order to effectively leverage our footprint and optimize employee experience, plus track, analyze and report capacity metrics, risks and opportunities to Executive Leadership Team.
- Lead negotiations and finalize contracts with respect to leases, facility vendors, architects, outside legal counsel, real estate brokers, contractors and others as necessary.
- Develop facility and real estate reporting tools utilizing strong analytics, providing leadership with a clear understanding of overall real estate portfolio performance on an annual basis.
- Oversee and coordinate ongoing compliance with standards established by regulatory bodies throughout the portfolio.
- Manage global AMER, EMEA and APAC workplace team.
You Must Have
- Proven track record of implementing strategies that drive great employee experiences.
- Proven track record of developing, executing and managing real estate strategies that meet corporate objectives.
- Demonstrable understanding of organizational best practices and how space impacts employee engagement.
- Ability to successfully present complex financial and organizational analyses to Senior and Executive Leadership Team.
- Ability to act as an organization-wide change agent, communicating effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Deep understanding of real estate related processes: strategic sourcing, supply chain management, human capital management, facilities management, location management, lease transaction management, design, construction and project management.
- Strong project management skills with experience in organizing, planning and executing large-scale projects, from design phase through to implementation.
- Ability to collaborate with global executive leaders across the organization to ensure that the long-term strategy of the organization is being achieved through leveraging our space and resources.
- Strong business acumen, organizational skills, analytical skills as well as verbal and written communication skills required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Engineering, Finance, Business Administration or Real Estate Management preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years in a corporate real estate, real estate planning and technology, talent management and operations, or consulting role with a global organization; experience managing or providing services to a geographically diverse portfolio.
- Experience with property types consisting of collaboration spaces, contemporary office space, customer training centers, conferencing and executive briefing centers (EBCs).
- Exceptional accuracy and organizational skills, attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Familiarity with international/domestic commercial real estate processes and regulations from the proposal stage through lease or project execution.
- Experience managing international teams in multiple countries and regions, and conversant with international audiences.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
What our client offers
- A rewarding, progressive career with a company that values diversity, flexibility and understands the need for a good work/life balance.
- Market-leading salaries combined with generous bonuses, equity and a range of comprehensive benefits.
- Flexible working, catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen and plenty of parties & events
- A range of sports, health and wellbeing initiatives
- Three days of paid leave every year to help support the charity or cause of your choice.
- The chance to contribute and evolve a company with a valuation over $7 billion